Ipswich Town to face Gillingham in pre-season
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have added another game to their pre-season schedule – a trip to recently promoted League One side Gillingham.
Mick McCarthy’s side will travel to Kent on Tuesday, July 16, to face last season’s League Two champions at Priestfield, with the kick-off time still to be confirmed.
The first round of the League Cup is drawn next Monday, with Town seeded and set to face a non-seeded from the south, while the Football League fixtures are announced at 9am next Wednesday.
The Blues return to pre-season training the following Monday (June 24), with the squad – including summer signings Cole Skuse, Jay Tabb, Daryl Murphy and David McGoldrick – then heading to Ireland for a week-long training camp, which concludes with a game against Shelbourne on Saturday, July 6.
That’s followed by a trip to West Sussex on Wednesday, July 10th to face League One side Crawley Town in what will be their first warm-up match on home soil.
You may also want to watch:
Confirmed pre-season games so far are as follows:
July 6- Shelbourne (A), Tolka Park Stadium, 5pm
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 7 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
July 10- Crawley (A), Broadfield Stadium, 7.45pm
July 13- Chippenham (A), Hardenhuish Park, KO TBC
July 16 – Gillingham (A), MEMS Preistfield Stadium, KO TBC
July 20- Barnet (A), The Hive, 3pm
July 23- Colchester (A), Weston Homes Community Stadium, 7.45pm