Ipswich Town to face Steve Kean after Blackburn Rovers announce his job is safe
STEVE Kean will be in the Portman Road away dugout for the Championship opener after Blackburn Rovers confirmed they were keeping faith with their controversial manager.
Doubt had been cast over Kean’s future at Ewood Park after Blackburn’s relegation from the Premier League and the silence eminating from owners Venky’s, also heavily criticised by fans.
But Rovers’ new global advisor Shebby Singh has confirmed that Kean will continue as manager – starting with the visit to Ipswich on August 18 – and claimed new players are imminent.
Singh told the Lancashire Telegraph: “Everyone starts with a clean slate “At this moment it is going to be difficult for the fans to think nothing has changed but we would like to re-group and try to take this team forward.
“I would say we have already discussed terms with a very, very important player, in terms of the characteristics that he can bring.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also in talks with a couple of other players, in terms of striking positions.
“As far as I am concerned and as far as I know funds will available to buy the right sort of characteristics that this team needs.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency