Town to announce Nsiala and Nolan signings today as Waghorn completes Derby move
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town will announce the double signing of Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan from Shrewsbury this morning following the sale of Martyn Waghorn to Derby.
It is understood the striker’s move to Pride Park is complete as he joins the Rams for an initial £5million, with the deal potentially reaching in the region of £7.5million if add-ons relating to promotion, subsequent Premier League survival and personal performance are all met.
The Waghorn move is set to be announced this morning.
The striker, who joined the Blues just a year ago for £250,000 from Rangers, has been the subject of interest from Derby, Sheffield United and Middlesbrough for much of the summer.
But it’s understood the lure of working with Derby manager Frank Lampard was too strong, with the striker indicating his desire to move.
He has successfully completed the final stages of his medical, while personal terms were already agreed after he arrived in the East Midlands on Monday.
It’s understood the delay in completing the transfer is down one aspect of the medical needing to be completed on Tuesday evening.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 5 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 8 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
- 9 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 10 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
His departure means the Blues can press the button on their £2million combined move for Nsiala and Nolan from Shrewsbury.
The duo have been in Ipswich since the start of the week with personal terms agreed and a medical complete. However, Ipswich owner Marcus Evans was not willing to rubber-stamp the move until the sale of Waghorn was complete.
The addition of defender Nsiala and attacking midfielder Nolan is set to be announced today, taking Hurst’s summer signings to a total of eight.