Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- Credit: Archant/PA
Ipswich Town have been linked with Feyenoord defender George Johnston while Gwion Edwards is said to be a target of two clubs.
Johnston, 22, has been on loan at Wigan Athletic from the Dutch club this season where he has been playing regularly under Leam Richardson.
The Latics boss is the long-time assistant of Town manager Paul Cook and looks likely to make the move to join him in Suffolk this summer.
Football Insider report Johnston is a transfer target for the Blues this summer.
The centre-half, who came through the academy at Liverpool, is out of contract at De Kuip this summer, though Feyenoord have the option to extend his deal.
Portsmouth are also said to be interested.
Meanwhile, soon-to-be out-of-contract winger Gwion Edwards has been linked with Sunderland and Preston by the same website.
The Welshman’s terms are due to expire at the end of this season, along with a string of senior players at Portman Road, with those two clubs said to be keen to sign him on a free transfer.
It's likely to be a summer of real change at Portman Road, with the club this week taken over by American investors.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich