Ipswich Town transfer rumours - Tom Lawrence linked to Newcastle
The latest January transfer window rumours concerning Ipswich Town...
Newcastle United have made an enquiry to Leicester City, about Ipswich Town loanee, Tom Lawrence, it has been reported.
The 22-year-old has reportedly courted interest from Sunderland, Burnley, Derby, Norwich and Cardiff.
Lawrence is on-loan for the season at Ipswich and any move would only happen should the Blues, Leicester and player all agree.
Reported Ipswich Town target Marley Watkins, has handed in a transfer request at Barnsley, according to reports.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old has scored six goals in 26 appearances for Barnsley this season, and has also attracted interest from his former manager, Lee Johnson, at Bristol City.
Watkins played under Town legend Terry Butcher, at Inverness Caldonian Thistle, where he was very highly thought of.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
Watkins’ contract at Oakwell is up at the end of the season and it looks as though he could be following Sam Winnall (Sheffield Wednesday) and James Bree (Aston Villa) out of the South Yorkshire club.
Bristol City have distanced themselves from in-form Scunthorpe United midfielder, Josh Morris according to the Bristol Post.
An Ashton Gate source has confirmed the midfielder is not a target for the Robins, who is thought to have interested Ipswich Town, thanks to his goalscoring exploits in League One this season.
Morris signed for Scunthorpe last summer, on a free transfer from League One rivals Bradford City, and has scored 18 times in 33 games for the Iron.