Report: Kenlock’s goal wins it for Blues in third pre-season outing
Ipswich Town continued their pre-season schedule with a 1-0 victory at National League Barnet this afternoon.
Full-back Myles Kenlock scored the only goal of the game, as he got forward well to slam the ball home following a neat pass from new signing Gwion Edwards.
The Blues had plenty of possession without creating too many chances, in what is sure to be another useful 90 minutes as Paul Hurst continues to assess his squad ahead of the start of the Championship season.
Bartosz Bialkowski returned in the Ipswich goal following his time at the World Cup with Poland, with the only change to his defence seeing Josh Emmanuel get the start at right-back ahead of Jordan Spence. Flynn Downes was paired with Cole Skuse in midfield, while a three of Grant Ward, Martyn Waghorn and Jordan Roberts operated behind lone striker Freddie Sears.
The Blues saw plenty of the ball in the first half, with Skuse in particular pinging it around well, but only two chances of note were created.
You may also want to watch:
The first saw Roberts fire wide after he picked up on a loose ball on the edge of the box, before Waghorn floated his free-kick into the side-netting as the first half was drawing to a close.
Andre Dozzell, Tristan Nydam and Gwion Edwards were introduced at the break, with the latter providing the final ball as Kenlock fired home to give the Blues the lead after 67 minutes.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
That’s how it stayed, as the Blue survived a late push from the hosts.
Ipswich Town: Bialkowski (Gerken 60); Emmanuel (Spence 72), Chambers (Ndaba 72), Woolfenden, Kenlock (Clements 72); Skuse, Downes (Nydam 46), Ward (Edwards 46); Roberts (Folami 72), Waghorn, Sears (Dozzell 46)