Ipswich Town v Brentford betting: Punters backing Blues to make it five wins in a row
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Punters are lumping on Ipswich Town to beat Brentford and make it five wins in a row to start the season at Portman Road this afternoon (3pm).
The Blues have been on fire since the 2017/18 campaign kicked off, seeing off Birmingham, Luton, Barnsley and Millwall and recording their first four straight win start to a season since their famous promotion year of 1999/2000.
And, according to Oddschecker, more than 70% of bets laid on the match this afternoon have gone on Town to win, at best odds of 19/10.
A Brentford win, at 6/4, has attracted just over 20% of bets, while only 8% fancy a draw at 3-1.
Joe Garner is once again favourite to open the scoring at 5-1, along with Brentford’s Spanish star Jota.
Martyn Waghorn, who bagged a brace in the 4-3 win at Millwall, is second favourite at 6-1, with David McGoldrick proced at 13/2.
You may also want to watch:
A 1-1 draw is actually the bookies’ tip for final score at 6-1, with Brentford winning 2-1 at 8-1 and the same scoreline for Ipswich at 10-1.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Matchday Live: Town two up on basement boys
- 7 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 8 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan