Town’s clash with Charlton postponed due to international call-ups
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town’s League One clash with Charlton Athletic has been rescheduled due to international call-ups.
The game was due to be played on Saturday, October 10 but, due to the Addicks having three international call-ups, they have opted to postpone the match.
It has been rescheduled for Tuesday, December 22, but could be played earlier if both clubs are knocked out of cup competitions.
If both teams are knocked out in the first round of the FA Cup (November 7), the game will be played on second round day (November 28).
If both exit the EFL Trophy in the group stage, the Charlton match will be played on Tuesday, December 8.
Ipswich are almost certain not to have any senior international call-ups but young Welsh goalkeeper Adam Przybek has been named in the Under 21 squad, with other youth call-ups potentially following.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 9 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches