Ipswich Town v Fulham betting: Blues backed to make club history
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Punters are backing Ipswich to beat Fulham and make history this afternoon at Portman Road (3pm).
If the Blues can see off the Cottagers, it will be the first time in the club’s professional history that they will have started a league campaign with five straight wins.
And, though Fulham are actually the betting favourites for the match, just over 57% of all bets laid on the Championship tussle are on Town to win, according to Oddschecker.
Town are around 27/11 to win, while the visitors are shorter odds at around 6/5 - and 39% of bets so far have been on a Fulham win.
Punters are tipping a result one way or the other though, with just 4% of bets going on a draw, priced at 3/1.
A draw is actually the bookies’ tip, with 1-1 being the shortest odds at around 13/2.
You may also want to watch:
As usual, Joe Garner is the Town favourite to be first goalscorer at 6/1. You can also get 5/1 on Fulham’s Aboubakar Kamara being the first to find the net.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'