Ipswich Town v Norwich City: List of extra train services for East Anglian derby
Train operator Greater Anglia is running extra services for the East Anglian derby this weekend.
Ipswich Town host rivals Norwich City at Portman Road on Sunday (midday kick-off).
The train operator will run additional services at:
• 10.50am: Norwich to Ipswich (calling at Diss)
• 2.35pm: Ipswich to Norwich (calling at Diss)
• 2.20pm: Ipswich to Bury St Edmunds
Scheduled hourly Sunday services between Norwich and Ipswich will also run as usual.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 4 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 5 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 9 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 10 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
Andrew Goodrum, customer service director at Greater Anglia, said: “We know Sunday is a very important day for football fans in the region and we are putting on extra trains to help them travel to and from the match at Portman Road. We are expecting services to be busy as the derby is always a popular match.
“During big events we work with local organisers to arrange additional services when we can. We are very pleased to be able to run extra services this weekend to help fans attend the match.”
Customers should note that Network Rail is carrying out essential engineering works between Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Norwich this Sunday.
Extra buses have been organised between Sheringham, Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Norwich to help football fans get to the match. Passengers are advised to check before they travel.