Matchday Recap: Ipswich beaten again as Joao wins it for Owls in final minutes
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town were beaten 1-0 by Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon.
Paul Lambert’s men beat Rotherham 1-0 in their last home game but have lost their last two, on the road at Blackburn and Aston Villa.
The Blues start the day seven points adrift from safety but Lambert hopes there is still enough time to climb to safery in the last 17 games of the season.
“We’ll have to see, we’ll have to wait and see and hopefully it does,” he said. “Whatever league this club’s in, then we’ll certainly rebuild it and make it better.
“The dressing room’s been brilliant, really good guys, we’re really fortunate to have that group the way they are with each other, I think they’re a really close-knit group, which is important because you need that at these moments, or at any moment to be fair, in a season you need the dressing room to be really strong.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a really good dressing room. The spirit is unbelievable, I’ve got to say that. Training is upbeat, there’s seriousness there when they go and do it. There’s laughter as well with it, which I think is important, but when it comes to working then they get right into it.”
- 1 Red Arrows to soar over west Suffolk skies this morning
- 2 Teenager dies after fall from Ipswich bridge
- 3 Toy poodle named Jet reunited with family after going missing in the snow
- 4 Police name woman, 33, killed in A1071 crash tragedy
- 5 Man being treated for serious injuries at scene of Ipswich incident
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Town 'show interest' in Scunthorpe winger
- 7 Dachshunds and bulldogs being advertised for sale in Suffolk by puppy smugglers
- 8 New deli/cafe set for Suffolk market town
- 9 Brown's stint lasts just 25 days as Colchester United change manager again
- 10 Police investigating after trees cut down 'without consent'