Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with Crewe forward
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town have been linked with a move for Crewe Alexandra forward Owen Dale.
The 22-year-old has scored 12 goals for Crewe this season, as part of a side packed with young, talented players.
Football Insider are reporting the Blues to be one of a number of clubs tracking him this summer, with Sunderland, Preston and Blackburn also linked.
Dale has played mainly as a right winger this season but can play anywhere across the front three, making him a good fit for Town manager Paul Cook’s 4-2-3-1 system.
Cook revealed on Thursday that he was at Crewe's 2-2 draw with Charlton earlier this week, a game in which Dale scored both his side's goals.
He is contracted until the summer of 2022, meaning he will command a significant fee should he move on this summer.
Town are set for a busy summer in the recruitment market, with a long list of players set to move on and replacements required, as Cook looks to make his mark under new ownership at Portman Road.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies