Bonne joins Town on loan from QPR
- Credit: ITFC
Ipswich Town have signed striker Macauley Bonne on a season-long loan from Championship club QPR.
The 25-year-old former Colchester, Leyton Orient and Charlton front man - who can also play wide - moved to the R's in a reported £2m deal last October but was used largely an impact substitute during his debut campaign at Loftus Road.
Bonne was born in Ipswich and attended Chantry High School. He started out in the Blues' academy before being released at the age of 14. A brief spell in Norwich's academy followed before he joined Colchester's youth set-up.
He scored 15 goals in 25 starts and 59 sub outings as a young player for the U's. After the Essex club were relegated from League One in 2016, Bonne had short National League loan spells with Lincoln City and Woking before joining National League side Leyton Orient in the summer of 2017.
Prolific form for the O's - 25 goals in 17/18 and 24 goals in 18/19 - earnt him a reported £200k move to newly-promoted Championship club Charlton. The Addicks were relegated straight back down to League One, but Bonne's 11 goals for a struggling side saw QPR come calling.
However, with two years still left on his contract, he's been made available by manager Mark Warburton after scoring three goals in nine starts and 26 sub appearances for the West London club as they finished ninth in the Championship.
Town have already done business with QPR this summer, midfielder Andre Dozzell moving to Loftus Road after his £1m buy-out clause was triggered.
Bonne becomes the Blues' fourth signing of the summer following the arrivals of right-sided specialist Wes Burns (Fleetwood, undisclosed), midfielder Lee Evans (Wigan, free) and box-to-box midfielder Rekeem Harper (West Brom, £500k).
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
- 10 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
IPSWICH TOWN TRANSFER WINDOW SO FAR
IN (4): Wes Burns (Fleetwood, undisc), Lee Evans (Wigan, free), Rekeem Harper (West Brom, £500k), Macauley Bonne (QPR, loan).
OUT (13): Andre Dozzell (QPR, £1m), Luke Chambers (Colchester, free), Gwion Edwards (Wigan, free), Cole Skuse (Colchester, free), James Wilson (Plymouth, free), David Cornell (contract terminated), Freddie Sears (Colchester, free), Alan Judge (Colchester, free), Oli Hawkins (Mansfield, undisc), Jack Lankester (Cambridge Utd, undisc), Stephen Ward, Emyr Huws, Tristan Nydam (all released).
LOANS EXPIRED (6): Mark McGuinness, Luke Matheson, Josh Harrop, Keanan Bennetts, Luke Thomas, Troy Parrott.