Exiled quartet set to start as Town take on Bury tonight
- Credit: Archant
Out-of-favour quartet Kayden Jackson, Teddy Bishop, Brett McGavin and Myles Kenlock will all play for Ipswich Town when they face Bury Town this evening.
The four players have been training with the Blues’ Under 23s so far this summer after being told by manager Paul Cook they are free to move on.
But they will pull on an Ipswich shirt this evening when they face Bury as part of a team made up largely of Under 18 layers.
One notable absence is midfielder Flynn Downes, who is likely to depart the Blues in the coming days. Bournemouth are at the head of the queue.
Town’s preparations for tonight’s game have been hit by a positive Covid case in the Blues’ Under 23 squad, which has also seen nine other players forced to isolate for 10 days.
There are unlikely to be any of Cook’s senior players involved in the game, with the bulk of the side made up of the young players who played in the second half at Dartford on Saturday.
Kick-off is at 7.30pm.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Matchday Live: Millwall ahead in feisty pre-season clash
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested