Jason Scotland a doubt for Leeds trip
IPSWICH boss Paul Jewell has confirmed that Jason Scotland is an injury concern ahead of Saturday’s tricky trip to Leeds United.
The striker limped off clutching his hamstring after 70 minutes following a hugely impressive showing the 2-2 draw with Blackpool on Saturday.
While Jewell revealed that Scotland’s injury was not the same as the hamstring problem he suffered recently, the 32-year-old is still a doubt for the visit to Elland Road.
Jewell said: “It’s not a recurrence of that injury (which forced Scotland to miss matches against Reading and NOttingham Forest). It’s the other leg.
“With hamstrings, you need a good 48 hours before you can really assess the extent of the injury. We will have a look at Jason tomorrow and take it from there.
You may also want to watch:
“You have to be careful with hamstring problems though so obviously he has to be a concern for us ahead of the Leeds game at the weekend.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash