JET flies into Town
IPSWICH Town have confirmed the signing of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee.
The skilful winger/striker has signed a three-year deal at Portman Road, with the fee believed to be around �1.1m with the potential for future add-ons.
The 20-year-old former England Under-19 international goes straight into the Town squad which faces Colchester United tonight (7.45pm) in a pre-season friendly.
The Blues could give three players debuts tonight, with keeper David Stockdale having completed a loan switch from Fulham earlier today and previous summer signing Ivar Ingimarsson named in the squad following a thigh injury.
Town boss Paul Jewell has made seven summer signings altogether now, with the Liverpudlian still on the look out for further reinforcements before the season opener at Bristol City in little under two weeks’ time.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously it came to the stage in my career at Arsenal where I needed to be playing games,” said Emmanuel-Thomas, who made four substitute appearances for the Gunners at the start of last season.
“I had a decision to make and Ipswich seemed the right place for me,”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
The 6ft 3in youngster, who has had loan spells at Blackpool, Doncaster and Cradiff, added: “I had a good time at Arsenal and I’m going to miss all the boys, but my future is about me and I needed to move on.
“I was impressed with what Paul Jewell had to say – and the team he is building. I know he is looking to bring in more players and it is the club’s ambition to get in the Premier League.
“That’s my goal as well, to play in the Premier League with Ipswich.”
– For live updates from tonight’s game, keep an eye on this website and follow @Stuart_Watson and @davegoods on www.twitter.com.