Jewell delighted by Chopra goals
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell was left delighted by Michael Chopra’s debut brace against Dutch second tier side FC Eindhoven this afternoon.
The striker came off the bench at half-time to make his Blues debut and took less than three minutes to open the scoring with a composed finish.
He then wrapped up a 2-0 victory in the 77th minute with a far post tap-in following Lee Martin’s pull back.
“It’s was great to see Michael Chopra get a couple of goals because that’s what he’s been brought here for,” said Jewell.
“Whenever he gets in front of goal you think he’s going to score. He looks like he’s got goals in him.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Pre-season is all about fitness and the most important thing is not winning. Having said that, it’s good to build a winning mentality.”
Defender Ivar Ingimarsson (thigh) and Carlos Edwards (hip) missed the game with minor knocks picked up in training. They could return for Thursday evening’s game at another Dutch second tier side – Den Bosch.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
– Paul Jewell speaks about the transfer latest and Michael Chopra reveals his goal target in tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.