Jewell names Hutchings as assistant
IPSWICH manager Paul Jewell has continued reshaping his backroom staff after naming Chris Hutchings as his assistant manager.
The pair have worked together at Bradford and Wigan - achieving promotion to the Premier League with both - as well as Derby County.
Hutchings, whose arrival at Portman Road was largely expected, also had short spells as manager at Bradford and Wigan in the Premier League after Jewell had left those clubs.
As a player, Hutchings clocked up more than 500 appearances at the likes of Chelsea, Brighton and Huddesfield.
He has spent the last two years in charge at Walsall before parting company with the club in January.
You may also want to watch:
His appointment comes after Sean McCarthy joined the club as coach last week.
It has been rumoured that Wally Downes would also join Jewell’s new-look team from West Ham but this seems unclear while Avram Grant remains in charge at Upton Park.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish