Jim building a second team
Town manager Jim Magilton has already signed seven players since the end of last season to create a new-look side.And, with two loanees expected and David Norris to come back in, he could soon have a completely fresh XI, backed by a strong second team.
Town manager Jim Magilton has already signed seven players since the end of last season to create a new-look side.
And, with two loanees expected and David Norris to come back in, he could soon have a completely fresh XI, backed by a strong second team.
Even so he would still bring in even more players if possible.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton had 31 registered first team last year and Joe Royle 30 when he was manager, but this year's is still a sizeable group, which Magilton will trim by allowing three or four to go out on loan.
He said: “I'm happy with squad but if the possibility arises then yes I would like to strengthen. Defensively perhaps and I think we need an outlet on either flank.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
“We know Jon Walters can fill a gap there and Danny as well and we are waiting for David Norris to come back as well. He's training very hard and he just needs games now.”
Blues internationals Veliche Shumuliksoki, Alex Bruce and Owen Garvan are still with their countries and Magilton, who plans to watch the reserves at Colchester this afternoon, will be back training with the first team squad on Thursday.