Jim building a second team
Town manager Jim Magilton has already signed seven players since the end of last season to create a new-look side.And, with two loanees expected and David Norris to come back in, he could soon have a completely fresh XI, backed by a strong second team.
Town manager Jim Magilton has already signed seven players since the end of last season to create a new-look side.
And, with two loanees expected and David Norris to come back in, he could soon have a completely fresh XI, backed by a strong second team.
Even so he would still bring in even more players if possible.
Magilton had 31 registered first team last year and Joe Royle 30 when he was manager, but this year's is still a sizeable group, which Magilton will trim by allowing three or four to go out on loan.
He said: “I'm happy with squad but if the possibility arises then yes I would like to strengthen. Defensively perhaps and I think we need an outlet on either flank.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 5 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 6 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 7 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 8 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
“We know Jon Walters can fill a gap there and Danny as well and we are waiting for David Norris to come back as well. He's training very hard and he just needs games now.”
Blues internationals Veliche Shumuliksoki, Alex Bruce and Owen Garvan are still with their countries and Magilton, who plans to watch the reserves at Colchester this afternoon, will be back training with the first team squad on Thursday.