Jim welcomes new deal for Walters
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton welcomed Jon Walters signing a contract extension that ties him to the club until 2011.Walters signed on Saturday, and Magilton said: “It's great news for Jon and great news for the club.
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton welcomed Jon Walters signing a contract extension that ties him to the club until 2011.
Walters signed on Saturday, and Magilton said: “It's great news for Jon and great news for the club.
“He has been terrific for us this season and has shown a great work ethic and determination.
“He has a real hunger to improve and his new contract is reward for what he has achieved since he joined us.”
Magilton is still in talks with Plymouth over the possible signing of David Norris and Leicester over the bid put in for defender Gareth McAuley.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
“Hopefully we can get the players we are targeting in, if not we will move on,” said Magilton, who will have been impressed with the strong defensive display of Stoke's Leon Cort on Saturday.
Magilton also has a bid in for a third player.
Suggestions that Ipswich might visit Crystal Palace on Saturday January 26 (FA Cup fourth round day) are unlikely to become reality. The game at Selhurst Park is still set to go ahead on its original date of Tuesday, February 12.