Jonny Williams should be fit for Ipswich Town’s trip to Nottingham Forest on Sunday
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy is confident loan midfielder Jonny Williams will be fit for the Blues’ trip to Nottingham Forest on Sunday.
The 20-year-old scored on his debut at Sheffield Wednesday, as a substitute on Tuesday night, before being withdrawn before the end because of a slight problem with his groin.
However, the youngster has had treatment over the last couple of days and should be fit, along with Luke Hyam, who sat out training this morning. Paul Anderson, meanwhile, is a slight doubt.
“He (Williams) has had treatment but he has been speaking to me this morning, asking me if he can go straight to the Wales (international) meet-up after the game (at Forest), so I anticipate him being fit,” said McCarthy.
“Matt Byard, the physio, is happy with him, I think he will probably train tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
“Luke Hyam did not train today, he has taken a couple of hefty knocks, but he will be OK, while Paul Anderson came off today (in training). His hamstring tightened up and I am not sure whether that is just a nerve that tightened up or if there is any damage.
“I am hoping he is fit because he is going back to his old club, and players have a knack of scoring against their old club don’t they?
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“Cameron Stewart played 75 minutes for the under-21s and started running out of gas, which tells me he needs games, he has not had a lot of football.
“We have a (under-21s) game on Monday, and if he is not involved on Sunday, he will play in that.”
Forest will be without Andy Reid (groin) and the Reds have not scored in the last three games, during which he has been absent.
Skipper Chris Cohen is out for the season, while defender Jack Hobbs (ankle) is also missing.
Striker Matt Fryatt is pushing for a recall and could replace Michail Antonio in attack, who would more than likely revert to the left-wing.