Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- Credit: Ross Halls
Ipswich Town have revealed Under 23s boss Kieron Dyer is currently in hospital undergoing tests.
A brief statement on the club website reads: "The club can confirm that Town U23 manager Kieron Dyer is currently undertaking tests in hospital.
"Everyone at Ipswich Town Football Club sends their best wishes to Kieron at this time.
"We ask everyone to respect Kieron’s privacy, and we will be making no further comment on the matter."
The reason for Dyer's admission to hospital is not clear.
The former England international was recently back in the public eye, taking part in Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins. Dyer left the show, televised this Autumn but filmed around a year ago, after suffering a collapsed lung.
He returned to Portman Road to once again coach Town's Under 23s soon after filming, at the end of 2020, and took on a prominent role with Town's first-team during the early weeks of Paul Cook's reign before reverting to coach the Blues' young players this summer.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 5 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 8 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 9 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
The 42-year-old, who came through the club's youth system before being sold to Newcastle in 1999, won 33 caps for England and also played for West Ham, QPR and Middlesbrough during his career.