Laws backs Keane
SHEFFIELD Wednesday manager Brian Laws is convinced that Ipswich are in a false position.
SHEFFIELD Wednesday manager Brian Laws is convinced that Ipswich are in a false position. Laws said: “A lot of new players have come in, and I think that Roy Keane is still trying to find his best XI. Ipswich will definitely go on a run of wins. They are in a false position and that will change. Roy Keane has not come here to have an easy life; he's been a winner all his career. There's a challenge here. I see good things at Ipswich, it's a club that will definitely move forward.”
- CHELSEA are reported to be leading the chase to seen Ipswich Town striker Connor Wickham, when he celebrates his 17th birthday next March. And according to one report, the Stamford Bridge club would be willing to offer Town �5m plus additional top-ups. That would seem a very generous, but unlikely offer.
- PIM Balkestein, who signed on a month's loan to Brentford on Friday, made his Bees debut in their 1-1 home draw against Walsall on Saturday. The Dutchman played the full 90 minutes in the heart of defence.
You may also want to watch:
- ALTHOUGH Ipswich have only scored 17 goals from 17 games, they by no means have the worst scoring record in the Championship. In fact, fourth-placed Swansea City have shown that it's not all about scoring goals - they have only scored 15 goals from 17 fixtures, but have won seven matches and have collected 28 points.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site