Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Aston Villa are considering recalling young forward Louie Barry from his loan at Ipswich Town in January, it has been reported.
The 18-year-old was one of a slew of summer signings at Portman Road, and arrived to much fanfare from supporters, given he scored for Villa's first team against Liverpool in the FA Cup last season, and was prolific for their U21 side.
But he's struggled to make an impact at Portman Road, with huge competition for those attacking roles.
Conor Chaplin appears to have made the number 10 spot his own, while Wes Burns, Sone Aluko, Kyle Edwards, Bersant Celina and Scott Fraser are options out wide.
Barry's made just five appearances for Town so far, and only one league start.
Now, Birmingham Live are reporting that Villa have a recall option in January, with another loan to a League Two side potentially lined up.
With so many players ahead of him in the pecking order at Town, it's a move that would perhaps make sense for all parties.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 4 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 5 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 6 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled