Luke Hyam and Ronan Murray offered new deals by Ipswich
YOUNG duo Luke Hyam and Ronan Murray have been handed a boost by Blues boss Paul Jewell after being told they would be offered new one-year deals.
The pair are both out of contract this summer and it seemed likely both would be leaving Ipswich in search for regular football.
But after Hyam, 20, forced his way back into Jewell’s thinking – impressing against Blackpool on Saturday – he is now set to be rewarded with the offer of a 12-month contract.
And Murray is an even bigger surprise after Swindon boss Paolo Di Canio told of his desire to sign the striker following his successful loan spell with the Robins.
Town have since rejected a bid from Swindow, believed to be around �100,000, and have quickly moved to show Murray he still has a future at Portman Road.
You may also want to watch:
And with Tamas Priskin being released yesterday, Murray, also 20, will be hopeful of pushing for a place on the bench for Saturday’s trip to Leeds United.
The double contract bid comes just 24 hours after fellow youngster Josh Carson was offered a three-year deal.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
In his desire to retain and recruit more youth to this squad, Jewell will be hoping there are no hitches when it comes to tying down all three to new contracts.