Magilton says oui to Robert
BLUES boss Jim Magilton has confirmed he is interested in signing French winger Lauren Robert.The former Newcastle United star was spotted lunching with Town chief scout Charlie Woods in an Italian restaurant in Ipswich on Saturday before watching the Blues draw with Burnley.
By Derek Davis
BLUES boss Jim Magilton has confirmed he is interested in signing French winger Lauren Robert.
The former Newcastle United star was spotted lunching with Town chief scout Charlie Woods in an Italian restaurant in Ipswich on Saturday before watching the Blues draw with Burnley.
As free agent after leaving Spanish club Levante the 32-year-old is available and Magilton has invited him to Portman Road.
Magilton said: “If Lauren Robert was available I would encourage him to come to the club so we can look at him. He is someone we know has all the qualities we like.
“There is a possibility that we can take him in and it will be down to Robert if he wants to come and be part of this club.”
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
Roberts returned to France after the weekend and will spend the New Year at home before making his decision next week.