Magilton says oui to Robert
BLUES boss Jim Magilton has confirmed he is interested in signing French winger Lauren Robert.The former Newcastle United star was spotted lunching with Town chief scout Charlie Woods in an Italian restaurant in Ipswich on Saturday before watching the Blues draw with Burnley.
By Derek Davis
BLUES boss Jim Magilton has confirmed he is interested in signing French winger Lauren Robert.
The former Newcastle United star was spotted lunching with Town chief scout Charlie Woods in an Italian restaurant in Ipswich on Saturday before watching the Blues draw with Burnley.
As free agent after leaving Spanish club Levante the 32-year-old is available and Magilton has invited him to Portman Road.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton said: “If Lauren Robert was available I would encourage him to come to the club so we can look at him. He is someone we know has all the qualities we like.
“There is a possibility that we can take him in and it will be down to Robert if he wants to come and be part of this club.”
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 10 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
Roberts returned to France after the weekend and will spend the New Year at home before making his decision next week.