MATCH PREVIEW: Friends reunited as Ipswich Town face Blackburn Rovers
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Blackburn v Ipswich: The pre-match banter may have been flowing, but the gloves will be off when Aaron Cresswell lines up against a familiar face at Blackburn Rovers tomorrow.
The 23-year-old left-back is likely to enter direct combat with former Town loanee Bradley Orr, who returned to his parent club last month.
Orr should line up at right-back tomorrow for the Championship clash and could be joined by another former Town loanee, DJ Campbell, who is expected to complete his loan switch from QPR today.
Friends off the pitch, Cresswell insists there will be no love lost between Orr and himself once the whistle goes at Ewood Park, with Town aiming to pull away from the bottom-three with their second win in a week.
“Funnily enough, I spoke to Brad (Orr) this week and he warned me to calm down with my over-lapping runs,” said Cresswell. “But seriously, it will be great to come up against him and maybe DJ, as they are both fantastic players who did well while they were here.
You may also want to watch:
“But once you cross the white line, there are no friends and we will be looking to upset them and get the three points. You know their strengths and weaknesses and hope you can use them to your benefit.”
Cresswell’s partner on the left-hand side for much of the season, Lee Martin, remains a major doubt for tomorrow’s clash against Rovers. One player who will certainly start is goalkeeper Stephen Henderson, who has returned from West Ham on a temporary deal. He will replace Scott Loach who sprained a thumb in training yesterday.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul