MATCH REPORT: Peterborough United 0 Ipswich Town 0
Peterborough v Ipswich: TWO top saves from Peterborough United keeper Bobby Olejnik prevented a dominant Ipswich Town taking all three points at London Road.
After weathering an early storm, the Blues were the better side.
Frank Nouble smacked the post with a superb effort from 25-yards in the 26th minute, while the striker – making his full debut for the Blues – forced a smart low stop out of Olejnik soon afterwards, having raced past Michael Bostwick into the area.
Olejnik then produced an even better save in the 52nd minute, leaping acrobatically to claw David McGoldrick’s goalbound header out of the top corner.
Posh finally produced their first shot on target on the hour mark when Tommy Rowe’s stinging shot was pushed away by Stephen Henderson.
You may also want to watch:
Ex-Town loanee Tyrone Barnett – who came off the bench – wasted the hosts’ best chance when he put a free header over the bar in the 75th minute.
This was Peterborough’s first goalless draw in 153 matches – their last having come against Ipswich, at Portman Road, in December 2009.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
Sheffield Wednesday’s win against Leicester sees Town drop a place in the table to 20th, though they remain four points above the Championship relegation zone with nine games to play.
PETERBOROUGH UNITED: Olejnik; Little, Zakuani, Bostwick, Rowe (cpt); Mendez-Laing (Newell 67), McCann (Barnett 67), Payne, Swanson (Nthle 67); Tomlin, Gayle.
Subs: Day, Alcock, Brisley, Ferdinand.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Hewitt, Chambers (cpt), Smith, Cresswell; Drury (Emmanuel-Thomas 81), N’Daw, Hyam, Tabb; Nouble (Mclean 67), McGoldrick.
Subs: Loach, Kisnorbo, Mings, Edwards, Murphy.
Referee: J Linington