'They are keen to get it on' - McKenna expects Lincoln game to go ahead
- Credit: Steve Waller - stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Town boss Kieran McKenna is expecting his side’s game with Lincoln to go ahead as planned.
The Blues and the Imps are due to go head-to-head at Portman Road on New Year’s Day, but the Sincil Bank side have Covid cases in their camp and were forced to postponed last night’s scheduled clash with Rotherham as a result.
But McKenna is preparing his team as if Saturday’s match will go ahead, with the Imps informing the Blues they too are keen to play.
“We want to play the game and Lincoln have been in touch to say they want to play the game as well," said McKenna. "They are saying they are keen to get it on.
“So we’ll prepare and be ready. Everything is one day at a time."
Town have had Covid cases in their ranks in recent days, with Toto Nsiala, Kyle Edwards and Rekeem Harper all now returning to training following their isolation periods.
Christian Walton and Cameron Burgess missed last night’s 1-0 victory over Lincoln due to positive cases.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 3 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Kenlock departs as defender joins familiar faces in League Two