Michael Chopra eyes Championship’s golden boot
IN-FORM Michael Chopra has targeted ending the season as the Championship’s deadliest marksman.
The Ipswich striker has been in red-hot form recently, his goal against Cardiff bringing his tally to five in four games and 12 for the season.
He now sits in joint third behind Leeds’ Ross McCormack who has 15 and Southampton’s Rickie Lambert with 16.
But that hasn’t stopped Chopra – who also questioned old club Cardiff’s tactics during a series of tweets - from dreaming of a fantastic double swoop to end the most dramatic season of his career.
Chopra tweeted: “Well another win another 3 points, 4 wins on the bounce now, great team effort today so pleased I scored. The reason I celebrated was my emotions took over my head. Sorry if I’ve upset some Cardiff fans.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Very strange how a Cardiff team can just play so many long balls when you hav a player like Whitts (Peter Whittingham) in your team that makes things happen.
“Anyway buzzing another goal to add to my tally, 12 this season, might as well go for the golden boot now #playoffs?”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
Chopra struck two minutes after half-time during Town’s 3-0 win over the Bluebirds with Lee Martin scoring two either side to earn a jubilant Blues another three points and have supporters dreaming of an amazing push for the play-offs.
Left-back Aaron Cresswell tweeted: “Great display an win again! well done boyss!! #itfc #playoffs?”
While Tommy Smith wrote: “4 on the bounce!!! Another great shift put in by all the lads and the fans were quality yet again! And a clean sheet as well to top it off!”
And keeper Arran Lee-Barrett added: “Three points today! There’s a real buzz in the squad, playing with belief & confidence. The fans are creating such an atmosphere!!”