Michael Chopra fit to start against old club Cardiff amid race fixing charge
PAUL Jewell has confirmed that Michael Chopra is fit to start against league leaders Cardiff City.
But it remains to be seen whether the striker will be given the nod for the Saturday early-evening clash, which comes just 48 hours after the 28-year-old was charged with race fixing by the British Horseracing Authority.
Ipswich will definitely be without midfielder Luke Hyam, who missed Tuesday night’s encouraging 1-1 draw with then-league leaders Brighton.
Jewell also admitted today he is looking to bring in one or two loan players ahead of the 5.20pm kick-off.
We understand one of these is a striker although the Blues boss was given little away at the press conference.
You may also want to watch:
Southend United’s Bilel Mohsni is back on trial with Town but he is not one of the players Jewell was referring to.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay