Mick McCarthy and Ryan Fraser miss out as awards go to Brighton’s Hughton and LuaLua
Mick McCarthy and Ryan Fraser have both missed out on the Sky Bet Championship Manager and Player of the Month awards respectively.
The duo were both among the four nominees for August, but the accolades have gone to Brighton pair Chris Hughton and Kazenga LuaLua.
The Seagulls’ 3-2 win at Portman Road last weekend meant it was them, not Ipswich, who went into the international break top.
Ipswich are third after claiming 10 points from their opening five matches, while two Capital One Cup victories mean they have a third round trip to Manchester United to look forward to.
Scottish winger Fraser – on a season-long loan from Bournemouth – has made an instant impact, scoring twice and having a major hand in four other goals.
Brighton have beaten Nottingham Forest, Fulham, Blackburn, and Ipswich in the league.
Left-winger LuaLua has scored four goals in all competitions, including three clinchers in 1-0 victories.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
Bosses Steve Bruce (Hull) and Chris Ramsey (QPR), and players Stephen Gleeson (Birmingham) and Michael Keane (Burnley) also missed out.