Mick McCarthy confirms former West Ham United midfielder Jack Collison is training with club
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy has confirmed that former West Ham midfielder Jack Collison is training with the club.
The Wales international was released from Upton Park this summer after 105 games and 11 goals for the Hammers and is on the search for a new club.
“He’s training with us and has certainly got real quality as a player,” McCarthy added.
“He has wanted to get himself fit. He lives half-an-hour away so I said come and train with us.
“There’s no agenda. Something might come of it, something might not, but you have got to see him in games on the full pitch.”
You may also want to watch:
“He has a bit of quality. Sometimes you take someone on trial and you can see straight away that it’s not going to go any further and he’s actually upsetting the training session.
“Jack has actually added a bit of quality to it.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 8 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast