Mick McCarthy knows fans give Ipswich Town youngsters Myles Kenlock and Josh Emmanuel extra latitude
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy says the progress made by young full-backs Myles Kenlock and Josh Emmanuel have been a positive in a disappointing season.
Left-back Kenlock, 20, has made 14 starts and two substitute appearances in his breakthrough campaign, while right-back Emmanuel, 19, has made 13 starts and three sub appearances.
“I think they’ve done well,” said McCarthy. “Myles in particular over the last few games after we lost Jonas (Knudsen to a shoulder injury). He’s been excellent.”
Kenlock gave away a penalty at Burton and Emmanuel conceded a spot-kick at Rotherham.
“I don’t think our fans give our young players any grief or aggravation,” said McCarthy. “I’d like to think they give them extra latitude because they’re inexperienced and they will make mistakes.
“Every club likes to have their own young players – our fans especially.”
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking