Mick McCarthy knows fans give Ipswich Town youngsters Myles Kenlock and Josh Emmanuel extra latitude
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy says the progress made by young full-backs Myles Kenlock and Josh Emmanuel have been a positive in a disappointing season.
Left-back Kenlock, 20, has made 14 starts and two substitute appearances in his breakthrough campaign, while right-back Emmanuel, 19, has made 13 starts and three sub appearances.
“I think they’ve done well,” said McCarthy. “Myles in particular over the last few games after we lost Jonas (Knudsen to a shoulder injury). He’s been excellent.”
Kenlock gave away a penalty at Burton and Emmanuel conceded a spot-kick at Rotherham.
“I don’t think our fans give our young players any grief or aggravation,” said McCarthy. “I’d like to think they give them extra latitude because they’re inexperienced and they will make mistakes.
You may also want to watch:
“Every club likes to have their own young players – our fans especially.”
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 6 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul