'A great side' - Shrimps scorer Wildig on Town
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Morecambe goalscorer Aaron Wildig heaped praise on Ipswich Town after yesterday's 1-1 draw, saying the Shrimps were happy with a point.
Wildig's goal looked to have given Morecambe all three points, but Wes Burns struck late to salvage a draw for the Blues, their second of a frustrating week.
And the midfielder said: “When you get to the 87th minute you have to try and see the game out, but if you look at the game as a whole, you have to take the point.
“They are a great side, they rotated the ball in the middle of the pitch very well and they overload the areas out wide.
“I thought Trev (Carson) was a deserved man of the match, I thought he was excellent between the sticks that helped us get a point, on another day they would have been disappointed not to win.”
Boss Derek Adams, who only returned to the club on Thursday after Stephen Robinson's departure, said: “I had a great day, the supporters from the start of the game were magnificent, it was nice to be back.
“To get a point, I think we can be happy with, I think we were a danger and a lot more resolute after the break, I haven’t had much time to change things but I thought we were a threat on the counter-attack.
“I am delighted with the people that I have come back to, it is football club that is homely, it looks after their own and I am delighted to be back here.”
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 4 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 5 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 6 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 7 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 10 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
Adams added: “Ipswich are a good side, they had not conceded a goal for a long time and were after a club record I think, they had some really good opportunities in the match, and Trevor Carson made some excellent saves."