Murphy to rejoin on loan
DARYL Murphy is set to rejoin the club on a season-long loan from Celtic.
The 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international scored six goals in 18 appearances for the Blues, having been signed on loan from Sunderland by Roy Keane in the second half of the 2009/10 campaign.
The striker, who can also play on the left of midfield, signed for Celtic last summer but has found his chances limited at the Scottish giants.
Ipswich owner Marcus Evans jetted into the country yesterday and spent a busy day at Portman Road and the Playford Road training ground.
Midfielder Jimmy Bullard underwent a medical at the club this evening and is set to resign, while centre-back Ibrahima Sonko has also agreed terms.
You may also want to watch:
– Town boss Paul Jewell is set to speak to the press at 9.45am on Thursday morning. Keep an eye on this website for all the latest news.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 8 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back