Murray joins Torquay on loan
IPSWICH Town’s teenage striker Ronan Murray has signed for League Two play-off hopefuls Torquay United on loan until the end of the season.
The diminutive 19-year-old has made 12 appearances from the bench this season - but he is yet to figure since Paul Jewell officially took over from Roy Keane.
The Irish frontman, who scored twice for the reserves against Norwich earlier this month, made his debut as a second half sub in the second round Carling Cup match at Exeter City, scoring his first Town goal in the process.
His last appearance came in January’s 1-0 victory over Arsenal and Jewell has since said some of his younger players could benefit from a loan spell.
Murray is out of contract at the end of the season, but with Jewell adopting a one-upfront formation, the chances of him breaking through ahead of Connor Wickham, Jason Scotland or Tamas Priskin appeared unlikely.
You may also want to watch:
Gulls boss Paul Buckle will hope Murray can help provide the firepower to push Torquay into the play-offs. They are currently seventh, five points adrift of the top six, but with games in hand on some rivals.
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial