New set-back for Martin
IPSWICH Town winger Lee Martin has suffered a fresh injury set-back.
The 25-year-old, having recovered from a bout of tonsillitis, has now had to see an eye specialist over a problem.
It’s bad luck for the winger who had impressed manager Paul Jewell with his positive reaction following a spell training with the youth team.
An angry Jewell ordered him to train with the youngsters for a week after his ill-discipline struck once again at Peterborough – a red card seeing him banned for three games.
Meanwhile, the Blues only other injury doubt for Saturday’s visit of Brighton is striker Daryl Murphy. The Celtic loanee had to withdraw from the Town bench at the last minute on Tuesday night after feeling his hamstring tighten in the warm-up.
You may also want to watch:
Versatile veteran Mark Kennedy has returned to training following a calf injury, while Ivar Ingimarsson is also fit again (thigh).
– For all the latest Ipswich Town news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window