Newcastle-bound Daryl Murphy misses Ipswich Town’s clash with Preston as Crystal Palace winger is spotted
Daryl Murphy has been omitted from Ipswich Town’s matchday squad for today’s game with Preston, the striker seemingly on his way to Newcastle United for a significant seven-figure fee.
The 33-year-old who has scored 67 in 225 appearances for the Blues is thought to be on the verge of sealing a move back to the North East, having also played for Sunderland.
Murphy is replaced by Brett Pitman in one of two changes from the 1-1 draw at home to Norwich, Tommy Smith replacing summer signing Adam Webster.
Interestingly, Town could be close to sealing a move for Crystal Palace winger Sulley Kai-Kai, who has been spotted at Portman Road today.
As for the visitors, there is no place in the 18 for former Town loanee Ben Pringle.
You may also want to watch:
TOWN: Bialkowski, Chambers, Knudsen, Berra, Smith, Skuse, Bru, Douglas, Ward, Sears, Pitman. Subs: Gerken, Bishop, Varney, Digby, Webster, Dozzell, Kenlock
PRESTON: Lindegaard, Cunningham, Clarke, Wright, Humphrey, Spurr, Johnson, Gallagher, Welsh, Robinson, Beckford. Subs: Maxwell, Browne, Makienok, Doyle, Grimshaw, Huntington, Hugill
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village