No new signings before Bristol – Jewell
PAUL Jewell has revealed that he is not expecting any more new signings before Saturday’s season opener at Bristol City.
The Ipswich Town boss has admitted he has been left frustrated by his efforts this week to bring in more new players following the seven signings this summer.
Hopes that Blackburn Rovers midfielder Keith Andrews will join on loan in time for the trip to Ashton Gate have been dashed – for now.
Jewell said: “It has been pretty disappointing. We have been trying to bring in two players this week but it hasn’t happened. One of the clubs have not even returned our calls.”
The manager would not comment on any particular speculation but added: “We hope to have two deals struck next week. It is not just about Saturday, we are still going to try and improve the squad.”
You may also want to watch:
One man Jewell confirmed had been training with the club was Slovenian Aljaz Struna who the Town boss admitted he might pursue “in the future”.
Looking ahead to the Championship curtain raiser, Jewell confirmed he had no fresh injury worries so can call on a full squad to pick from.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- For all the latest Town news, see tomorrrow’s EADT and Evening Star.