Norris in talks over new deal
Ipswich Town midfielder David Norris has revealed that his agent is in talks with the club about signing a new contract.
IPSWICH Town midfielder David Norris has revealed that his agent is in talks with the club about signing a new contract.
Norris’ current contract expires this summer, but the 29-year-old looks set to sign a new deal at Portman Road, which will be a big relief to manager Roy Keane and Town fans in general.
“The club are speaking at the moment to my agent,” revealed Norris today.
“I tend to just leave it to them. I don’t get involved in it, day-in, day-out. Hopefully, we can get something sorted soon.
“It’s good that the wheels are in motion and it (the contract talks) should take care of itself. Obviously it’s the sooner, the better, for me. I want to get signed up and to try and carry on being successful here.
“I want to stay at Ipswich beyond the summer. I’m happy here and I’m settled here, and if I can get another deal then I’m sure I’ll be happy to sign it,” added Norris
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143