Norris not playing against Town
DAVID Norris will NOT play against Ipswich Town tomorrow.The Plymouth midfielder did not fly up with the rest of the squad this afternoon after being omitted from the party.
DAVID Norris will NOT play against Ipswich Town tomorrow.
The Plymouth midfielder did not fly up with the rest of the squad this afternoon after being omitted from the party.
Manager Paul Sturrock insisted it was his decision in conjunction with the player.
Sturrock said: “After discussions with the player we have come to the decision that he should not be involved.
“Disappointingly, there has been a lot of media coverage from a team that is interested in David.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 3 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 4 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 5 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 6 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 7 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 8 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 9 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
- 10 Young couple launch new food truck at Orford Castle
“He would not be mentally attuned to the tussle and it would not be fair of me to allow people to put the microscope on him. Every bad pass or tackle he made would be highlighted.
“It is a decision I don't take lightly because I don't want to not have my best player but it is the wrong game to come so close to the end of the window.
“I have got to think what is best for the football club. This one is just too big and the media coverage has flared up.”