Nottingham Forest v Ipswich Town: Tyrone Mings relishing role as modern-day full-back
- Credit: Archant
Tyrone Mings is embracing his role as a modern day left-back.
The 21-year-old has been a revelation this season, having taken over from fans’ favourite Aaron Cresswell during the summer, and has excited fans with his marauding runs down the left flank.
Mings, who was the subject of a seven-figure bid from Crystal Palace at the end of the transfer window, said ahead of Sunday’s trip to Nottingham Forest: “Attacking is part and parcel of being a modern-day full-back, the wingers go on the inside and the full-backs go on the outside. Full-backs are becoming more and more part of attacks, whether that’s joining late or setting them up.
“In terms of my performance, I enjoy it, it’s a big part of my game and it’s getting bigger.”
He added: “We do attacking drills all together, but in terms of specific shooting drills, attackers take them and defenders do defending drills.
You may also want to watch:
“Full backs are encouraged to get forward (at Ipswich) and when we do drills, that is where the main emphasis is placed, whether it’s 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
“That’s how we try and start attacks with the full-backs getting on the outside.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts