Paul Jewell hopes Elliott Hewitt could make first start for Under-21s
ELLIOTT Hewitt, Ipswich Town’s first signing of the summer, could finally get his first run out in a Blues shirt tomorrow.
The newly-formed Under-21s side face Cardiff City at their Playford Road training ground (11am ko).
In what should be a strong Town side, due to the international break, Hewitt’s appearance – following his hip injury – would be the most eagerly-awaited.
The 18-year-old returned to training last week and Jewell admitted: “Hopefully we can get some good training out of him and he is pencilled in for the Under-21s against Cardiff.
“He’s worked exceptionally hard since we’ve signed him.”
You may also want to watch:
Luke Hyam and Ronan Murray should also get some game-time while Town can also name three over-age players.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open