Paul Jewell top dog at ITFC golf day
PAUL Jewell took time out from contract negotiations and planning for next season by taking to the tee for Ipswich Town’s golf day at Hintlesham Hall.
The club’s past and present teamed up for the fun annual event which saw the Town boss walk away with the prize for ITFC golf champion. Jewell and other members of his coaching team, including Chris Hutchings, Sean McCarthy, Andy Liddell and Russell Osman, took part in the event alongside players Aaron Cresswell, Tommy Smith, Damien Delaney, Lee Bowyer, Daryl Murphy and Alex McCarthy.
Representing the club’s past were the likes of former manager George Burley and Town legends John Wark and Matt Holland as well as Charlie Woods, Bryan Hamilton and Geraint Williams.Delaney proved his mettle by winning the longest drive of the day while first place overall went to the team of Ray Ludlam, Lee Marsh, Derek Hateley and Dean Cornelius.
Les Collen walked away with the nearest the pin prize and Soccorso Gallucci earned top honours in the putting competition.
Williams, Liddell, and Phil Westley won the ITFC yellow ball competition.
You may also want to watch:
More information on the club’s autumn golf day is available from the sales team on 01473 400594.
- 1 Matchday Live: Millwall ahead in feisty pre-season clash
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests