Paul Taylor faces weeks on the sidelines as Paul Jewell faces double striker blow
Ipswich v Charlton: Town’s hopes of achieving their first home win since March have been dealt a double blow with Paul Taylor definitely out and strike partner Michael Chopra a big doubt.
Ipswich manager Paul Jewell today confirmed the news over Taylor, who was today spotted at the training ground on crutches having played just two-and-a-half games for his new club.
The Blues boss said: “Paul Taylor has cracked a bone in his foot. He has to go back to see the specialist in two weeks to see the specialist to determine whether he needs surgery.
“It is a big blow for us as he has been a shining light for us in the last two-and-a-half games.”
And Jewell’s striking options have been further hit with Chopra “very doubtful” with a thigh strain, according to Jewell.
You may also want to watch:
This could mean Lee Martin returning in the free role behind one of Daryl Murphy or Jason Scotland. Nathan Ellington and Ronan Murray will also come into the equation from the bench.
New signing Elliott Hewitt is back in the treatment room after tweaking a thigh, a minor injury that didn’t surprise Jewell as the youngster steps up his comeback from hip surgery.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
But Josh Carson, who has missed the last two matches and Town’s recent Under-21s game with a knee injury sustained in training, is back in contention for tomorrow.