Paul Taylor will become a “fans’ favourite” at Ipswich Town
PAUL Taylor will become a big player for the Blues – once he realises he doesn’t need to break the net!
That is the prediction of Town boss Paul Jewell who revealed he has given some one-on-one guidance to his new �1.5million signing.
Taylor produced a man-of-the-match display at Middlesbrough with his quick feet and shoot-on-sight policy.
The next thing on the agenda needs to be goals from the former Peterborough man.
Jewell revealed: “I said to him you only get one goal, even if you break the net.
You may also want to watch:
“He had eight shots on goal against Middlesbrough, he had numerous shots against Huddersfield – he is going to be a big player for us and a real fans’ favourite in years to come.”
While Taylor impressed at the Riverside, Town were often strangely lacking a cutting edge in the 2-0 defeat.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
Jewell said: “I just thought (against Boro) we were a bit wasteful and sloppy when we got into good situations.
“It is not as if we missed chance after chance, but we had opportunities to make chances.
“On Saturday, if we got a goal you got a sense the Middlesbrough supporters could turn against them and we might go on to win the game comfortably.
“It is that key time at games, we are not scoring a goal or we are conceding. That just changes the whole direction of a match. We have to be a bit more ruthless in both boxes.”