Peterborough United v Ipswich Town - by numbers
Ipswich Town travel to Peterborough tomorrow for their next instalment of pre-season action.
The League One side will be looking to improve on what was a largely below par 2014/15 season by their standards, as they finished ninth in the third tier, while the Tractor Boys look set to be building towards another shot at promotion to the Premier League.
Ahead of the friendly clash at London Road, we play the numbers game.
11 – Peterborough and Ipswich have met 11 times in competitive action, with Town taking just two wins compared to Posh’s five. Four of the games were drawn.
5,500,500 – Britt Assombalonga is the club’s record sale, after the Congolese striker moved to Nottingham Forest last summer. The forward only moved to London Road a year previously, with that transfer remaining the club’s record signing at £1.25m
You may also want to watch:
3 – The number of months current Peterborough player Jack Collison spent with Ipswich Town before he was released last December, without playing a game. He was picked up by his hometown club this summer.
2,790 - is the number of pounds Paul Taylor cost Ipswich Town for every minute he spent on the pitch, after joining from Peterborough in 2012. The forward cost £1.5m in transfer fees and the same again in wages, meaning his 1,010 minutes on the pitch (which included just one goal) cost an awful lot of money.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury
4 – Posh chairman Darren MacAnthony took to Twitter to confirm four new signings on Monday, with Andrew Fox, Kieran Sadlier, Souleymane Coulibaly and Lee Angol joining the club.
27 – The number of goals Posh managed at London Road in the league last season as they finished ninth in League One. Only five clubs scored fewer goals at home, with Peterborough’s total the worst in the top half.
1913 – is the year in which London Road was built and opened, with just one wooden stand with a capacity of only 250 people.
482 – Tommy Robson is Peterborough’s all-time record appearance-maker, having turned out 482 times for Posh between 1986 and 1981. The outside left player also appeared for Northampton, Chelsea and Newcastle, but it’s at Posh he made his name which earned him the honour of being the club’s first ever hall of fame inductee.
7 – The number of goals Peterborough scored on what was a calamitous afternoon in August 2011. Lee Tomlin scored a hat-trick while Paul Taylor and Grant McCann added braces, on an afternoon where Tommy Smith and Lee Martin were both sent off.
14,084 – London Road has been given a facelift in recent times, with the Moy’s End rebuilt and transformed from a terrace to an all-seater stand including an education centre.