PLAYER REACTION: I could have had a hat-trick admits goalscorer Daryl Murphy
Brighton v Ipswich: Delighted with one, but disappointed not to have three.
That summed up Daryl Murphy’s feelings after he felt he should have left the Amex Stadium with the match-ball following tonight’s 1-1 draw.
His 27th minute, a great low header to Carlos Edwards deep cross, gave Ipswich a shock lead against a side who topped the Championship going into the match.
Will Buckley’s 79th minute equaliser ensured a nervy ending, but Town deservedly held on to claim a morale-boosting point.
Murphy, who missed a good chance with a header before his goal and was then denied by Tomasz Kuszczak just after the interval, said: “I thought overall we could have won the game and I think we had the better of the chances tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“On another day I could be stood here having scored a hat-trick, but the ‘keeper has made a great save and I’ve headed just wide on another.
“Before the game you would have to say a point would be a good result away at the league leaders, but I think it shows the level of the performance that we’re disappointed to be leaving without all three points.”
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay