PLAYER REACTION: Pleased with point but Lee Martin recognises deficiencies
Ipswich v Blackburn: A point against one of the pre-season promotion favourites, who were playing Premier League football last season, is not to be sniffed at.
But ambitious Lee Martin has called on his team-mates to improve at both ends of the pitch following this afternoon’s 1-1 draw with Blackburn Rovers.
The impressive performer, who started in the centre before switching to the left-hand-side when Jason Scotland came on, was pleased with the point after Jason Lowe’s late own goal cancelled out Colin Kazim-Richards’ 21st minute header.
But Martin said: “If we can’t defend set plays and can’t score with them, we are in trouble.
“For the first game, we will take a point from a good, experienced team. We just need a bit more belief and we will go places – there is no two ways about it.”
You may also want to watch:
On a day of scorching temperatures, Martin added: “It was tough for both teams.
“I think it was a well-earned point, it would have been harsh to come out of the game with nothing.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Millwall ahead in feisty pre-season clash
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12